Friday, 12 November 2010

THESE PICTURES ARE LATE!

Belatedly, here are some pictures of my work in a group exhibition I did in April in Bath. I included the Peephole pictures mounted behind perspex and one of my landscapes inspired by an uninspiring trip to Lyme Regis a couple of years ago.








Unfortunately I didn't get any offers to buy any of it, I didn't expect to get any anyway. I think the thing that riles me the most is that I had 100 business cards printed and put next to the work. This means around 95 people are probably still wandering around carelessly with my business card just padding out their wallet or purse slightly. Yes we all know how important and wealthy it makes you feel to have a fat wallet, but don't deny a struggling and incredibly talented artist the chance of finding someone who would actually give him money for his work by hiding his contact card in the darkest recesses of your money holder. (The artist is me by the way)

The reason I say 95 is because a few of my friends took some, a concept i'm struggling to understand and further riles me considering they know who I am and therefore know how to contact me. The bastards are probably just using them to pad out their wallets. I need new friends, but how am I supposed to find any if no one can see my business cards? It's a vicious cycle.

Enjoy the work everyone. Except those who stole my business cards.

1 comment:

  1. you can have it back if you want ... swine my wallet is never plump :(

    ReplyDelete