Thursday, 18 August 2011

Finally, a post that isn't about football.

Yeah you read that correctly, this post isn't about football. Holy vajazzle.

I've been painting again, something that may well be just as boring as my uneducated views on football. At least this one is intended to be aesthetically pleasing. It was my good friend's 21st birthday on Tuesday so, being poor, I decided I would paint him something. Luckily I had a spare canvas waiting to be assaulted and no job so I set about getting my ninja-like friend to find out what he would want me to paint for him. Two hours later she replies with exactly what he would want. Naturally I don't paint it. He wanted something to do with the river Sid or its valley. I ended up using Sidmouth beach as my subject matter, cleverly naming it "The Mouth of the River Sid" so it had more of a relation to what he originally wanted. Fortunately, I seem to be able to bash out these paintings relatively quickly. I had four days in which to do this and I managed to complete it just in time.



I have to apologise for the quality of the photo. The birthday boy himself took it, now that i've given him a fucking masterpiece I'm in no mood to be polite about his photography skills.

I'm doing another one for my friend now and I plan to do more after that. I've had a couple of offers for commissions which is the first time that has ever happened. Maybe I can be an artist after all, freelancing alongside the inevitably terrible job I get.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance of seeing more of your art work? Apologies if it's already on here, I have no inclination to try and find it, maybe you could point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete