Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Sidmouth

Here's another from the set I did for the fair. My original plan was to only paint Welsh things but I enjoyed doing an earlier version of this so much, mainly thanks to the colouring of the rock, that I decided Sidmouth Beach could be Welsh for the day. 

I didn't refer to the original I had done on canvas while painting this one so it was interesting to see the differences. The surface is totally different which immediately has a huge effect but I think I was a little more tentative with the ink on this one. Whatever the differences, I gave the first away for free and this one didn't sell. Must be the subject matter.




Disclaimer: I don't actually think it was the subject that has led to me making no money from these. I'm arrogant, but there's a limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment